Terms and Conditions
RUSSELL VACATION RENTALS | TERMS AND CONDITIONS |RENTAL RULES
1. RENTAL PERIOD: Your rental begins after 4 P.M. CST on the day of your arrival and lasts until 10 A.M. CST on the day of your departure. NO Early Check-In or Late Check-Out is offered. A half-day rent charge may be assessed if the guest does not check-out promptly at 10 A.M. CST. In rare instances, access to your property may be unavoidably delayed due to a cleaning or maintenance circumstance beyond our control. There will be no discount, credit, or refund offered due to a delay in check-in. Your patience is appreciated in these circumstances. Any change in your rental period after guest arrival, including the addition of rental nights, require a minimum of 24-hour notice. The door access code will be electronically sent to guest prior to arrival and will begin at check-in time and will expire at check-out time.
a) As our guest for a specified rental period, Russell Vacation Rentals may communicate with you by mail, email, telephone, mobile device application or text message. By providing your cell number to us, you authorize communication by text/SMS and agree that you shall be solely responsible for any data or other carrier fees or charge that may be incurred.
2. NO SMOKING: All of our properties are strictly “non-smoking”. If the property has been found to be smoked in, a $1,000.00 fee will be assessed, and the guest will be responsible and liable for any/all damages and additional cleaning or replacement costs due to smoking inside the property. If a guest chooses to smoke outside, all cigarette/cigar butts must be removed off the property. Some resorts prohibit smoking on private grounds or a given distance from buildings.
3. PETS: Pets are strictly NOT permitted in a rental property (unless agreed upon in writing by Russell Vacation Rentals at the time of booking in an advertised Pet-Friendly property. A non-refundable pet fee per dog is required. Only a maximum of 2 dogs is allowed). All dogs must be current on all vaccinations, including rabies (proof may be required), and MUST be treated with appropriate flea and tick control AT LEAST 3 days prior to time of arrival. Having a pet in a property that does not allow pets will result in immediate removal with no return of all payments made. Any evidence of an animal in a rental property will result in additional charges to the guest. Review Pet Waiver and Release of Liability Click Here
4. AGE REQUIREMENT: No reservations will be made to students or singles under the age of twenty-five (25). One (1) guardian is required for every four (4) singles under the age of twenty-five. Guardians must always accompany their children under the age of twenty-five (25) and be present at the time of check-in. Underage drinking and/or partying are not allowed in any of the rental units. Non-compliance of these rules and regulations will result in immediate removal with no return of all payments made. All our vacation properties are family-oriented rentals ONLY. Reservations made under false pretenses are null and void with all rent payments forfeited.
a) No Subletting: The rental property and/or any reservation, or any rights arising under a reservation, cannot be assigned, transferred, or sublet. Your reservation is not assignable or transferrable to any other party, and any attempt to do so will be null and void and result in immediate cancellation of the reservation and forfeiture of all rental payments, deposits, and fees. No refunds will be given.
5. ADVANCE PAYMENT: Upon booking, an advance payment of 50% of the rental rate, taxes, and fees are required in addition to the CSA Damage Protection Waiver (if purchased). Accepted payment methods are VISA, Master Card, Discover, and American Express.
a) Extended stays of 28 days or more, we require an initial deposit of $1000.
b) Extended stays require half of the final balance to be paid 60 days prior to arrival.
c) Extended stays require the final balance to be paid 30 days prior to arrival.
6. FINAL PAYMENT: The final BALANCE of all amounts is due 4 weeks before your arrival date. For your convenience, we may automatically charge your card on file at the time of balance due. If you are booking within 4 weeks of your arrival date, payment in full is due at time of reservation.
7. CANCELLATIONS: Cancellations that are made at least 30 days prior to arrival will receive a 100% refund. Cancellation within 30 days of arrival will result in a 100% loss of all monies paid. The loss can be avoided if CSA/Generali Travel Protection Insurance was purchased and the reason for cancellation is covered under the travel insurance policy. If you should have to cancel your reservation, please notify us immediately of any cancellation, and if you purchased the Travel Protection Insurance contact CSA/Generali to begin your claim.
8. CHANGES TO YOUR RESERVATION: There are no penalties for changing your reservation outside of 30 days prior to arrival. You will be responsible for any applicable increase in rent or other booking charges. Any changes made to a reservation within 30 days of arrival will be treated as a cancellation (see Section 7).
TRAVEL INSURANCE: CSA/Generali Travel Protection’s Guest Protect plan is available to purchase through Russell Vacation Rentals. The Guest Protect Plan provides coverage if you need to cancel or interrupt your trip due to a covered event. There are also other coverages, such as Travel Delay, Baggage Delay, Rental Car Damage, and Emergency Assistance and Transportation. The plan is optional, but we strongly recommend it. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN BY RUSSELL VACATION RENTALS WITHIN THE 30-DAY PERIOD. For questions concerning the travel insurance or to make a claim, please call CSA/Generali directly at 800- 554-983 The Guest Protect plan cost is 6.95% of the reservation. If you choose to cancel your insurance plan, you may if it is within 10 days of purchase and you have not filed a claim or departed on your trip. After 10 days the insurance is non-refundable and non-transferable. *Residents of New York and Hawaii must contact CSA/Generali directly at 866-999-4018 to purchase coverage.
10. DAMAGE WAIVER FEE: As a part of your stay, you may purchase a Vacation Rental Damage Protection plan designed to cover unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. If purchased, the policy will pay a maximum benefit of $3,000. Any damages that exceed $3,000 or are not covered under the plan will be charged to the credit card on file. If during your stay at one of our rental properties, an insured person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $3,000. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/g20vrd. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to directly pay Russell Vacation Rentals any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage. Please contact Russell Vacation Rentals directly if you do not wish to participate in this assignment. In the event you do not wish to purchase this plan, a $3,000 refundable damage deposit is required. *Residents of New York and Hawaii must contact CSA/Generali directly at 866-999-4018 to purchase coverage.
a) Intentional damage, damage due to reckless or inappropriate behavior or accidental damage in excess of $3000 shall be your responsibility and you hereby authorize Russell Vacation Rentals to charge your credit card on file for all such damages. In the event you damage the rental property, any of its contents, or any of its amenities you must notify Russell Vacation Rentals immediately.
b) Airbnb guests shall be responsible for security deposit amount included in the property listing on Airbnb’s booking platform.
11. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: The maximum number of guests for this property is limited to the specific occupancy shown on the property description. We require the number of adults and the number of children to be given as record for the reservation. Exceeding the maximum occupancy will result in immediate removal and forfeiture of all money paid. Occupancy limits apply 24 hours, 7 days a week. If limit is breached, you will need to vacate the premises immediately.
12. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE: While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate, however, is available at an additional rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be removed from the property.
13. CLEANING FEE: A housekeeping fee will be added to all reservations, regardless of the number of nights booked. The fee will vary depending on the size of the property. This fee is applied for cleaning and laundry services upon departure of all nightly, weekly and extended stay reservations. All cleaning fees are subject to state and local sales tax. If you have any housekeeping issue or problem, please report it to Russell Vacation Rentals within 24 hours of check-in so that we may promptly address and resolve. No discount, credit or refund will be given due to housekeeping issues.
14. NEIGHBORHOOD RULES/HOA: Most homes located in residential neighborhoods are controlled by a Homeowner Association/HOA. These associations have very strict rules that must be respected. Most violations warrant a fine that the guest will be responsible for paying. Many rental properties prohibit the on-site parking of recreational vehicles, personal watercraft (boats, trailers, jet skis, etc.) golf carts, and/or restrict the number of motorized vehicles per rental unit. All such prohibited vehicles and trailers must be removed immediately upon request by Russell Vacation Rentals, security personnel, or a representative of the HOA. No refunds will be given in the event of removal as a result of a guest failing to comply with the rules and regulations applicable to the property or the community wherein the property lies.
a) Good Neighbor Policy: We respectfully request that you remember that you are staying in someone’s home during your vacation stay. Please treat the property, its furniture, fixtures and contents with care and leave it in good condition at check-out. Furniture and items in the property are not to be re-arranged or removed from the property.
b) Parking: Strict parking limits apply per property. Parking is at your own risk.
15. NOISE ORDINANCE: Quiet time for all properties is 10:00 P.M. until 7:00 A.M., in conjunction with Florida county ordinances. Please be considerate of your neighbors. Radios, stereos, and all other musical or entertainment devices will be played in compliance with the decibel level. The decibel levels cannot exceed fifty (50) decibels between the hours of 10:00 P.M. and 7:00 A.M. outdoors. Music played inside may not be heard outside of the property with the doors and windows closed. At 10:00 P.M., all persons not staying at the property need to depart from the premises.
16. POOL POLICY: Diving or jumping into a pool or hot tub may result in head, neck, or spinal injuries. The renter accepts all risk of the pool or hot tub and specifically agrees that no minor will swim unaccompanied by an adult. Community or condominium pools or hot tubs are not controlled or maintained by Russell Vacation Rentals and cannot be held responsible for any inconvenience resulting from the pool or hot tub. Pools and hot tubs have electrical/mechanical components. These components can sometimes malfunction. Russell Vacation Rentals, its Vendors, and the Homeowner cannot be held responsible for any malfunctioning pool or hot tub. Please inform us as soon as possible if your pool or hot tub is not working properly. You understand and agree that swimming pools, whether community pools or private pools, are strictly an amenity and that the use or availability of any pool amenity is not guaranteed by Russell Vacation Rentals. No refunds or adjustments will be given as a result of any condition, interruption in availability or lack of availability of any community or private pool. Russell Vacation Rentals will do everything in its power to rectify any problems with malfunctioning equipment as quickly as possible. A fee is required to heat private pools and or spas.
17. LIABILITY WAIVER:
a) Owners and Managers of this property are not liable for loss, damage of property, injury to me or my guests during my stay on the premises.
b) I hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue the owners of this property, its officers, staff, agents, or employees for any liability, claim and or cause of action arising out of or related to any loss, damage or injury, including death that may be sustained by me or to any property belonging to me arising out of use of the house or property.
c) Indemnification: Guest & their party agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Russell Vacation Rentals and its employees, from and against all claims, suits, damages, costs, losses, and expenses arising from injury to any person or property occurring on or about the Property.
18. INTERNET: All of our rental properties offer internet access, either through community HOA accounts or individual providers. However, we do not and cannot guarantee internet connectivity or access due to service being provided by an outside third-party vendor, restrictions placed on internet services by/from personal computers, differing connectivity specifications, and additional factors that may lead to interruption, failure, or unavailability of internet service. Please be advised that while we do offer free Wi-Fi, it is not always guaranteed that it will work. We do recommend that if you need Wi-Fi for work or pleasure that you bring a hot spot. Many locales along the gulf coast experience service interruptions and slower speeds.
19. MAINTENANCE ISSUES: Russell Vacation Rentals makes every effort to make sure your vacation is completely hassle-free by keeping each vacation property and its mechanical equipment in top condition. However, we cannot predict when a mechanical problem might occur. Should you experience a problem, we will make repairs as soon as possible. No refunds or rate adjustment will be provided at any time for mechanical failures (air conditioning, heating, television, internet, appliances, power outages), golf cart repairs or malfunction, pest intrusion, weather conditions, nearby construction or any condition beyond Russell Vacation Rental's or its vacation property owners’ control. During your stay, please promptly report the discovery of any maintenance problem to us. Do not leave doors or windows open while the A/C or heater is operating. Russell Vacation Rentals’ staff or contracted vendor may enter the property to respond to any maintenance and/or housekeeping issue during your stay. We will seek prior notification with the guest before entering.
a) Service Calls: While we apologize for any disruption of service or malfunction of property equipment, if Russell Vacation Rentals determines the issue is the fault of the guest, the guest may be held liable for the cost of the repair, service, parts, and/or labor. Our email and telephone calls are monitored closely during normal business hours. However, after hours service calls may be delayed based on the severity of the issue and the availability of service technicians. During periods of high occupancy, there can be delays in response times.
20. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS: Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will result in immediate removal. Guest agrees that guest is transient and waives all rights to claim otherwise.
21. INCLEMENT WEATHER & STORMS: While we always anticipate great weather for your vacation, this is not always the case. No refunds or reservation date changes will be allowed due to inclement weather. In the event the Northwest Florida gulf coast is placed under a severe weather watch or warning, we will monitor the situation and communicate with you regarding any evacuation orders by local or state agencies. In the event that our local, state, or federal governing officials issue a MANDATORY EVACUATION ORDER for a specific area or county zone in which your rental property is located, we will require that you evacuate in accordance with the order and we will provide a refund for the rental rate plus any applicable sales tax per number of nights that are removed from your reservation.
By making the initial payment for this reservation, guest agrees to all terms and conditions of this agreement and rental details above. Non-compliance of these rules and regulations may result in immediate removal with no return of any payments made.
Guest acknowledges and agrees that all digital signatures and initials contained herein are legally binding on guest and all persons residing in the property during vacation stay. Guest further acknowledges and agrees that the person signing this agreement shall have the sole and absolute duty and obligation to provide notice of all terms, conditions, duties and obligations herein to all other persons who will stay in the rental property, and to ensure compliance by all persons during the length of stay.