Area Map & Directions to Destin & Miramar Beach, FL
How to Get Here Fast and Easy
Whether you are driving here or flying in, you want to know how to get from the closest airport to Destin, Florida or Miramar Beach, Florida.
Luckily, you have a few routes, and each is designed to get you to your vacation rental as quickly as possible! Here are directions to Destin, Florida and Miramar Beach, Florida from their closest airports:
- From Walton Beach Airport: Walton Beach Airport is the closest and most convenient. It is a private airport right inside Destin, Florida itself. It still takes approximately 42 minutes and you take FL 85 South Eglin Parkway along with the US-98 East.
- From Northwest Florida Regional Airport: Only 26 miles away from Miramar Beach is the Northwest Florida Regional Airport, but it does take about one hour to get here via the FL-293/Spence Parkway.
- From Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport: While it is 43 miles away, it only takes just over an hour to get to Miramar Beach from this airport and most of the drive will be along the US-98 Westbound.
- From Pensacola International Airport: Pensacola International Airport is the furthest away, at about 79.8 miles and it takes about one and a half hours to get here. The majority of your ride will be on the I-10 Eastbound following signs for Miramar Beach.
You can find rental cars at all four major airports, including leading brands of rentals. Once you have a rental car, or even rent a gulf cart to get around the community, you will be close to local attractions, such as:
- Gator Beach: Located in Destin, Gator Beach is just 15 minutes away from Miramar Beach taking US-98/Emerald Coast Parkway.
- Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park: Located in Fort Walton Beach, the Gulfarium is 16 minutes away from Destin and you will take the US-98 toward Okaloosa Island following signs for the park.
- Destin Harbor Boardwalk: If you are in Miramar Beach, you will need to take the US-98 West to reach Destin Harbor Boardwalk, and the trip takes approximately 29 minutes from Miramar Beach. The Boardwalk itself stretches almost a quarter mile, and gives you a breathtaking view of Destin Harbor, with local shops, restaurants, and plenty of activities.
While looking at travel routes and directions if you are planning a visit to the Destin Miramar Beach area, now is the perfect time to book your accommodations. At Russell Vacation Rentals, we have everything from condominiums in resort communities to single-family homes in Destin and Miramar Beach. All our locations are close to amenities, and you can walk to most attractions and eateries from your rental; saving you the hassle of driving!