About Sandestin Florida
The Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort has fabulous amenities to make your stay a perfect one. Rent a kayak to explore the bay, tee off on one of four championship golf courses, perfect your back hand on one of 15 world-class tennis courts, exercise in one of our pools or at the fitness center, then relax and unwind at the spa. There are plenty of activities with water sports, parasailing, ziplining and miles of trails for hiking and biking.
The Village of Baytowne Wharf is the heart and soul of Sandestin. A shopper’s paradise with tons of shopping to do in the boutiques and outlet stores, fabulous restaurants all within walking distance and a vibrant night entertainment with concerts, festivals and fun street performers. Come and make life-long memories with us at Sandestin, the perfect destination to relax and play.
Things to Do in Sandestin
There are many world-class attractions on the Emerald Coast and Miramar Beach and Sandestin lie in the heart of these attractions. Join us as we journey through the Emerald Coast, where you can take advantage of all these attractions and activities within easy reach of your perfect Sandestin vacation rental or Miramar Beach vacation rental.
- FUN IN THE WATER – The Emerald’s Coasts finest beaches are just steps away and water activities are the main highlight of your visit to Miramar Beach and Sandestin. Spend hours exploring the turquoise waters on paddleboard, kayak, jet ski or pontoon boat. Cruise the Choctawhatchee Bay or meander the world-famous Crab Island. For more water fun, head to Big Kahuna’s in nearby Destin. An exceptional waterpark and adventure park bustling with activity for the whole family.
- CRUISING – There are many ways to explore the tranquil waters. Enjoy a narrated dolphin cruise on a glass bottom boat or an exciting pirate ship as you watch the dolphins frolic in the water. Indulge yourself in fine dining on an evening cruise with live entertainment or cruise the harbor on a fireworks cruise as you sail into the sunset with a spectacular fireworks display. For cruising with a difference, head off on a sky high adventure over the Gulf of Mexico on a parasailing experience.
- ANGLING ACTION – Head to the Okaloosa Fishing Pier on Okaloosa Island between Fort Walton Beach and Destin for great angling action with stunning views of the Gulf of Mexico, Santa Rosa Sound and Choctawhatchee Bay. Stroll along the HarborWalk Marina in Destin and explore the unspoiled waters on a deep-sea fishing adventure. For more action, head to Destin ‘The World’s Luckiest Fishing Village’ in October for the Destin Fishing Rodeo and Sandestin’s Baytowne Marina in June for the Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic, ranked the fifth richest fishing tournament in the world.
- NATURE SEEKERS – Nature lovers have pristine state parks, rich forests and preserves to explore along this coastline. Topsail Hill State Preserve has over 1600-acres of freshwater lakes, towering sand dunes, pine forests and three miles of beach to explore. Hike the trails as you discover bird-life and wildlife and a taste of how Florida used to be. Escape to the warm waters of Henderson Beach State Park with 208 acres of woodlands and coastline to enjoy.
- ANIMAL LOVER’S PARADISE – Visit the islands dolphins, sea lions, seals, turtles and alligators at the beachside Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park in Fort Walton Beach. Here you can play with the penguins and swim with the dolphins. Take a ride on the Safari Line Train or stroll along the boardwalk at the Gulf Breeze Zoo in Navarre Beach to get up close and personal with rhinos, zebras, antelope, chimps, gorillas, hippos and many other animals. Kids will love the exciting opportunity to hold and feed the alligators at Gator Beach in nearby Destin. A little further North in Crestview, the Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge Zoological Park is home to hundreds of animals from all over the world.
- HISTORIC FLORIDA – Discover the culture and rich history of the area as you explore the Heritage Park & Cultural Center in Fort Walton, home to three museums with impressive artifacts, a Schoolhouse Museum, Post Office Museum and Indian Mound Temple. The Emerald Coast Science Center is a great stop for the kids to learn about science and nature in a fun way with an interactive children’s museum and great hands-on exhibits. Just North of Fort Walton Beach, is the Air Force Armament Museum with an impressive collection of reconnaissance, fighter and bomber planes. Enjoy a ride in the fighter cockpit simulator. Travel a little further north to Valparaiso you will find the Heritage Museum of Northwest Florida. Educating and interesting exhibits will take you from Northwest Florida in 8800 B.C to today. The Coffeen Nature Reserve in Santa Rosa Beach is a 220- acre Nature Reserve once used as a secret missile test site by the Army Air Force during World War II. Step back in time as you explore this historic site with missile launch ramps, concrete bunkers and military beauty surrounded by the Preserve and Fuller Coastal Dune Lakes.
- ENTERTAINMENT, EVENTS & FESTIVALS – There is always something exciting happening on the Emerald Coast. Be sure not to miss one of our fun festivals, cultural activities or annual events by checking in with our current events.
Here at Russell Vacation Rentals we have the perfect property for your Emerald Coast experience. Whether you are looking for a lakeside condo at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort or a family home alongside the golf course, we have the perfect vacation rental for you!